2014 Doll Highlights

Arm Candy Chip Farnsworth III
and Mistress of Disguise  bonus silver-haired Poppy Parker head

2014 has been a year full of Poppy Parker dolls.  It's good and it's not at the same time.  While I loved  the dolls offered, even I am having a hard time keeping up with what's what nowadays.  I think I'm a whole year behind in Poppy's world.  I'm very fond of the gal but I don't want my collection saturated with so many of her in such a short period of time that I don't have time to enjoy them all.  Either way, my favorite from the 2014 line is ironically the bonus head offered with the Sebina Havoc doll.  The head switch feature is quite unique but still requires some reconfiguring since the head tends to be a bit wobbly compared to a doll without this feature.  And Arm Candy, in my opinion, is the best Chip Farnsworth I've seen yet.  He is totally owning that pink brocade jacket!


Double Date 50th Anniversay set Barbie doll

These days, Barbie just seems to be an honorary figure hanging around in the doll room.  She hasn't been wowing me much lately, though I am finding myself appreciating her vintage incarnations more and more.  I ended up getting the Double Date 50th Anniversary set because I love her best with the swirl ponytail and I've never seen a vintage repro Midge doll not look so scary before.

Double Date 50th Anniversary set Midge doll


Hair Happenin Francie in Fur Out coat with
Short flip Francie in Smashin Satin repro

Each year is a year of renewed love for Francie...just because she's Francie!  I managed to snag a really pretty one before 2014 ended and a pretty Francie is always worth the mention.  She's already fitting in nicely with her other Francie friends.


From left to right:
Peanut Jones (originally Simply Delight Blythe with Slow Nimes scalp)
 and Argo Jones (originally Bohemian Peace Blythe)

Worked on by two different artists, but cousins nonetheless, as they are my only two Blythes of 2014.  Peanut, I believe, was meant to be a boy originally.  In my doll family, however, all the Blythe dolls are girls so she's just a tomboy.  It gives her more character that way.  She's super cute, though not as well made as Argo, who is just so pretty to look at, even with those faint eyebrows that separates her from my group of eyebrow-less Blythes.


Needlings One of a Kind, Jasmine

Jasmine was a gift from a former co-worker.  Her huge eyes are very reminiscent of Blythe.  How can I not love her?  Plus, that hair is the bomb!  Judging by her hand-sewn body attire, I assume she likes cats.


Pullip Sailor Moon dolls
From left to right: Mercury, Moon and Venus

Any moonies out there????  As you can tell, I am!  I'm not normally a collection completist but I certainly intend to complete this collection.  Oh the nostalgia!  These were Christmas gifts from my partner.  If they release the outer senshi dolls, I may just have to have a party in their honor!


Rococo Sona Boy and Girl by Dollmore
Named, Caz and Vega

These two are the crowning jewels of my entire doll collection thus far.  They are about 18" tall and made completely of resin.  After years and years of holding back from purchasing bjd resin dolls, I finally caved and had to have a pair.

I think I'm really going to have to give a lot of thought to where my doll collection is headed.  Why, oh, why are there so many pretty dolls out there?


Comments

  1. That Sebina/Poppy doll is a good one, but I am put off by the wobbliness. If I place it just right, it's not too bad, but that is not what you really want to see in a doll.

    I have a few of the reproduction Barbies, and I have to say that I'm not a big fan. They have a "fake" look that I can't quite put my finger on.

    That Midge is a bit scary; it's the long bangs, short hair, and dark freckles.

    L-O-V-E Francies. There is something innocent and yet worldly about her. She may be my favorite among the Barbie line.

    Your Dollmore dolls are just beautiful. I haven't ventured in that direction; my resin BJDs are the Sybarite/JAMIEshow/Ficon types. It would be interesting to see what they are like in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, yes Midge is a bit scary! I only have two incarnations of her. I have the pregnant one and I like it much much better.

    Francie carries her own magic. She burned brightly during her time and faded fast. Maybe that's why she's like a mythical creature in the Barbie story: elusive and sought out much later by some of us who weren't even born during her break in the limelight.

    I'm totally loving Dollmore. I need to keep them in a box, locked up in a dungeon somewhere, so I won't be tempted to get more...Then again I'd probably just be drooling over them online like I already do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pullipy zawsze wzruszają - ale iście książęca para
    w stylu rococco będzie Nr 1 bezapelacyjnie ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Popular Posts