Barbie Furniture Repaint

My dolls are worse than a party dress ensemble.  They always demand to be accessorized, accessorized, accessorized!  Lately, they want furnitures.  Since, I've gotten more articulated dolls, posing with furnitures is becoming a demand.  And I can't help a good challenge!


Barbie's got some interesting furnitures out there.  Most of them, however, are too pukey pink for my liking.  I've looked at some outside the barbie world...realistic, beautiful, non-pink some but most are too rich for my blood.  My hands are not creative enough to make them so my other option was to stick to Barbie's pukey colored things and repaint them with my colors!


Years ago, I've purchased some My Scene Barbie playsets....Why???  Because they were dirt cheap!  They were being discontinued at Walmart at the time and priced at about 75% discount. Who could resist?  I didn't exactly know what to do with them as I was fairly new at collecting dolls. They just looked fun and I loved how they were surprisingly not pink for something "barbie".


Fast forward to now.  I have a growing collection of dolls in need of furnitures.  Here's what I came up with so far.




Repainted in black and silver, the bar set you see on top is a part of the My Scene daily dish cafe playset.  


It used to look like this:



And now:



I'm so happy with the way it turned out.  It looks less "playline" and more "collector".

Here's what the tabletop looks like upclose.


I used spray paint with a grainy texture so it would look more like a granite tabletop. I think it came out very nicely.

This has been such a fun experience that I've actually began spray painting a bunch of things for future dioramas.

Comments

  1. Me encanta pasar por tu blog y poder coger ideas para mis miniaturas.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  2. that came out great!
    inspiring.

    ~i.b.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Popular Posts