Mermaid Jasper

I've finally deboxed a Disney Ariel doll that I received on my birthday two years ago.  The Little Mermaid is my favorite Disney film so it was nice of a coworker to get me this doll.  I just love mermaids!  I've been wanting the Enchanted Mermaid Barbie for the longest time but I just can't bring myself to spend so much money on this doll with the way she's priced on the secondary market.

Today, I stripped Ariel of her mermaid flippers.  Jasper insisted on borrowing it so I inclined!  If the Dynamite Girl feet weren't so damn pointy the tail would have been a perfect fit.  When Jasper sits, you can see her butt crack!  Because Jasper's make-up was blue and green, however, the fish tail actually suited her overall.  It's somewhat nice.  I can't say the same for my photos....


This shot was right before she fell backwards on the table!  Hahaha!  She's not used to the mermaid fin so I tried to appease her with this other shot.


The schmancy purple thingymabobs sprouting around the waistline of her mermaid tail was actually a sewn on sheer skirt that I cut up.  I originally intended to cut it off as I thought it was a bit silly to put a skirt around fins.  But through inspection, I realized that I'd be ruining the entire thing if I loosened the thread...And my sewing skills are slim so I did the only thing I could think of to do.  I think it gives it some sort of flare....or am I just fooling myself....^___^

Will try another day for better pictures and of Ariel too.

Comments

Popular Posts