Dolly Dismay

Roger Sterling Mad Men silkstone doll arrived yesterday.  Although I'm not a fan of the show, I very much adored the concept of the Mad Men dolls.  So, it was very disappointing to finally get the doll you've been waiting for to arrive for months, just to realize that it was damaged.


The most annoying part is that he's a Barbie Club and AMC exclusive so I had no choice but to get him shipped from the States...meaning, I will have to go through the hassle of returning him through the post and waiting some more for another one to arrive....of course, who's to say, the next one won't have a friggin bald spot too!  I'm thinking maybe he wasn't properly tied to his box that his head must have been knocked a few times against its lid, inevitably causing the bald spot.  I suppose, there comes a time in a doll collector's life when you have to return a doll back for some shitty reason like damaged goods.

Comments

  1. Wow, that really sucks! I'd be so mad! Sorry you have to go through all the hassle of returning it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. There have been several complaints on a lot of site about the quality of Mattel's products. We all know that they are trying to keep cost down but not at the expense of quality. This is not a playline toy! This is not a under $10.00 item. For the money that is asked for this doll, there should not be any damages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just hoping the next one won't be screwed like this one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Popular Posts