Twelve Dolls of Christmas, Part 1


As mentioned previously, my "Twelve Dolls of Christmas" begins today.  I will be featuring twelve dolls before Christmas in seasonal settings for fun so make sure you stick around.

And now....

DOLL:
Tears Go By Poppy Parker,
one of the Integrity Toys 'Dark Romance' 2010 convention dolls

NAME:
Eowyn, after the Lady of Rohan from the Lord of the Rings

DOLL TALE:
After the first taste of a red-haired Poppy Parker at the beginning of the year, I craved for a brunette version to join my collection.  At last, here she is!

I haven't been fortunate enough to attend any doll conventions.  Eowyn was very recently acquired from a fellow doll collector.  There was no chance in hell that I was going to pass up a chance on this gorgeous doll.  Something about her speaks to the gray shades of my existence.  She came to me never removed from box in her original attire as photographed above.

I love everything about this doll.  Nothing unconventional.  Nothing overdone.  Just perfect in her sheer simplicity.  I named her Eowyn for no particular reason.  I always liked the name when I first heard of it from the Lord of the Rings movie (I read the first book but fell asleep trying to read the second one so I stuck to the films).


Because Eowyn's face has a slight look of melancholy befitting her production name, I dedicate these Tears Go By Poppy photos to those of you out there who will be spending the holidays away from loved ones this year.

Comments

  1. I love her very much , too. I hope mine will arrive soon. First I did.n loved the black outfit, but seeing her on your blog I discovered she is perfect like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by Laura. Tears Go By Poppy will not disappoint you. I hope you get her soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that I will eventually get her. I purchased the Ask Any Girl gift set from Integrity, and Shadow of Her Smile from the secondary market. I just don't have any money left. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is lovely! And I'm excited to see what doll is next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is the most beautiful Poppy from this collection, her face is most expressive and the hair has the same black like the make-up .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Popular Posts