Twelve Dolls of Christmas, Part 8


DOLL:
Barbie Doll as Titania

NAME:
Retains her name, Titania

DOLL TALE:
One of my earlier collector dolls.  I'm very much a fan of fantastical creatures from faeries to mermaids and everything in between.  So you can see my attraction to Titania.  Of all the years I have owned her I believe this is her very first photo shoot.  I chose her as one of the 12 Dolls of Christmas because of the magical aura she exudes.  This time of year was a magical time for us as kids and as an adult I try not to lose that sense of wonder...It just makes everything a little bit more bearable.  I hope I've done Titania justice in her photos because she's such a beautiful doll.  She's one of those Mattel creations that really captures the magic...and rightfully so when the one you're trying to portray is the supposed Queen of the Faeries.


"You spotted snakes with double tongue,
Thorny hedgehogs, be not seen;
Newts and blind-worms, do no wrong,
Come not near our fairy queen."

-A Midsummer Night's Dream

Comments

Popular Posts