Steampunk Christmas

Icarus Dal doll
Steampunk Project Eclipse
by Groove

Meet Icarus. I love her stock name so I kept it. She's been residing in my doll room for some time and wishes to make herself known today. I thought her color palette of red, black and gold makes a good Steampunk Christmas theme so here she is...and with her little sidekick friend, Purpy, too!


Icarus sharing pure clean oxygen with Purpy ^___^


I love this doll not only for her embodiment of the Steampunk genre but also for her reference to Greek mythology. In Greek myth, Icarus was the son of the great inventor of the labyrinth, Daedalus. Daedalus created two pairs of wings held together by wax for himself and his son to escape the kingdom of Knossos. Unfortunately, despite warnings, Icarus flew too close to the sun. His wax melted and he plummeted to his death in the Aegean sea. It was a cautionary tale of avoiding extremes.

Here's my Icarus with her wings in all its glory:




She's not going to fly anywhere so Icarus won't be plunging to her demise anytime soon. Her hand did fall off for no reason at all! All I did was pick her up for a photo shoot. Groove takes such careful consideration making epic outfits for these dolls. I wish they'd pay close attention to making better hands for them! The fragile joints of these dolls are well known to collectors. This is actually my second Dal with a broken hand. What's the point of hand articulation if the hand breaks before you could move them? Lucky for Icarus that she's so cool; I don't love her any less!


Comments

Popular Posts